Friday, September 19, 2014

My Besties 3D decoupage Santas Little Helper

Sherri Baldy released several new Christmas images and 3D sheets this month. I love them all and one of the 3D Decoupage sheets with Santa and a Little Besties is one of my favorites.  I've already colored up a Santa Little Besties black and white image and this time i am making a 3D decoupage image. 

What's fun about this Decoupage sheet?  It is already colored and ready to cut out and layer.  The Decoupage gives stability and depth to any project.  I was excited to see this 3D as an ornament.

I recently purchase a "bottle cap" that measures about 4" in diameter.  I felt this would make a great stable back for the 3D image. I had my husband drill a hole in the top and bottom.  I added a bead and made a loop on both ends.  The top loop was for a ribbon hanger and the bottom was for a dangling gem.

I also used Glossy accent on the snowflake punches and the evergreen so that they would be more sturdy for the tree or hanging anywhere.

Here is the link for the Sherri Baldy's My Besties 3D image Santa with Little Bestie.

Here are some more views to see the dimension:






















Challenges:

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Bonnie. I saw this on Facebook and had to come over to your blog to get the details because I love it so much! I never would have guessed that was a bottlecap, but I see it now that you mentioned it. I love the little crystals hanging from the bottom too. Makes me want to do a bestie Christmas ornament exchange! Anyway, fabulous project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT's very perfect creation, I love it!
    Hugs, Mumur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Bonnie this is fantastic, that 3d image is awesome, I won this last time I am waiting to use and use it I will very soon, lol, truthfully Bonnie this is so beautiful I love it.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!