Thursday, February 13, 2014

My Besties 3-D Deco (Decoupage) challenge with Sweet Rose Bud!

A brand new challenge has started at My Besties today, it is called My Besties 3-D Deco and you can find it by clicking here or the name of the challenge blog.

The challenge starts today and goes for 2 wks. The challenge is on Australia time so make sure you check when it ends.

The challenge them is Hearts and you must use a My Besties image.  You can use the new decoupage sheets or you can make your own My Besties that you already own into a 3-D decoupage image.

Do you know what 3-D decoupage is?  There are several YouTube videos to watch, but simply, it is having several layers of the image built up by using foam tape or silicone glue.  Usually, the layers would be built up by what would stick out farther.  So imagine the figure was laying flat on it's back..what parts would be to the back and what would be at the top..most the times the nose would be the highest point..but not many people just cut the nose out unless it would be a snowman, so the head would be the last layer or anything in the hair (example the button on the headband on my card is the last layer. )  Click Here to see my tutorial on making your own 3-D decoupage art using a digital image.

Well, what's cool about My Besties 3-D decoupage sheets is that the layering is already figured out for you, all you need to do is cut the pieces out and glue them on top of each other! Oh and you get digital paper as well!  I've used the digital paper on my card.

The new 3-D decoupage sheets are found here!

Here is my card i'd love to share with you!
Looking from the side you can see the 3-d look on the image and roses.  The hearts and buttons are also included in the 3-D deco sheets! 

The My Besties 3-D sheets i used:



Check out my Design Team Mates projects as well..my jaw is still dropping in Awe!

Julie Team Leader
Angela
Miranda
Deidre
Bonnie (me)


I loved this image so much i transformed the dress into a dress for my granddaughter:



















Challenges:
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge- Bling, gem, glitter
Creative Cottage- Love
Scrapbook Blessings- Love is in the Air
Cute Card Thursday- Clever Cutting
The Outlaws- Thursday twist



6 comments:

  1. So very pretty, but I think you need to add the picture of Sadie wearing the dress you made that matches this card. Great job with the tutorial, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, welcome, your card is stunning. Love the cute image and colours you have used. Thanks for sharing it with us over in our Love challenge at Creative Craft Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful girly design, Bonnie! It's a lovely decoaupage image, and you coordinated the colors of this card so beautifully. I really like how you arranged those pennants too. Thanks for sharing with us over at Twisted Thursday this week, and good luck in the draw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! It is really pretty. The dress for your granddaughter is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Blessings Club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. Thank you for playing along with us in the challenge at SBC

    Carolyn
    SBC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so very precious! I adore your colouring and the wonderful blend of flowers and gingham! How very special to be able to make a dress for your granddaughter to!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!