Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Gray skies are gonna clear up...

Put on a Happy Face. :)  I had wanted to use the sentiment, "You make me smile", but my husband thought the image was a bit sad...so i went with this sentiment instead.

Here is my thought process....the challenge at TGF Farm Fresh is to use Primary colors and Anyone for Anya had a sketch and i thought ah..ha...i will combine the two...and for some reason "clown" came to mind and that's probably because of the paper i had found to use for my card...looked like the awnings on circus tents....well in my imagination it did. :)

So then i had to find an image that i could make into a clown at TGF...I liked this little girls curly hair and the overall look, i thought it could work.  Now, originally i was thinking pompom nose, but i didn't have one...so i punch a glitter circle and used a foam dot.  I did use my multi-liner to  extend the creases in the mouth.  Otherwise, i colored it as is.
I must say that i used the Wavy Sentiment banner technique shown by Farmer Larissa on the TFG  blog here.

This is what i came up with....



















This is the sketch i used from "Anyone for Anya":












Challenges:
TGF Farm Fresh- Monday/Funday- Primary Colors
Anyone for Anya- sketch

4 comments:

  1. This is SO fantastic! A perfect card.

    Thanks for playing with us at {ANYONE FOR ANYA}!

    -Annie Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I can hear the laughter now and the corny circus music playing in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous card, I'm off to TGF to try and find that banner technique hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fun card! *adore* it! congrats on winning! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!