Saturday, September 24, 2011

In Memory of Bagel

My daughter's dog, Bagel had to be put to sleep about a month ago.  He was a great dane and a wonderful dog and is really missed.  I wanted to make this journal cover/mini album for my daughter and thought the challenge at Tiddly Inks, which is to make a journal page/project would be great for it.

What i did:
I used the image from Tiddly Inks and colored it in.  I did cut off the yorkie type dog on the right hand side because this journal is about my daughter's dog, Bagel.  I tried to color in the large dog to look like Bagel and the girl to look like my daughter.  I cut out the image.  I also cut out the scalloped circle and circle using Elegant edges and Plantin Schoolbook.  I hand sewed green baker's twine around the inside circle.  Then i wove green tulle in and out of the scalloped edges and tied a bow.  I sewed the image to the background paper by using my machine and then i zig zagged around the image and the scalloped edges.  I made my own cover by cutting some cardboard and adhering this cover to it and then  lined the back of the cover as well and made a back cover in the same fashion.  I cut out watercolor paper for the pages.  I also tied tulle and ribbon around the ring/binders at the top.  I made this journal so it could stand up.

He was a good dog.  He loved going for walks.


Challenges:

5 comments:

  1. OH this is super adorable and what a wonderful tribute to a loved family pet! I'm sure your daughter will really love it! Your coloring is just so wonderful and I love the color scheme! Thanks for joining us again this week at Tiddly Inks!
    Big ((hugs))
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your daughters sweet pup. What a lovely way to honor him and give her some comfort by providing a thoughtful and beautiful album to house memories of him. A truly special gift. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful project with us at Tiddly Inks. Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a grea idea to make a little tribute for your daughters dog! It looks really gorgeous! Thanks for joining us a the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. bonnie I am so sorry to hear of bagels passing, pets aresuch a huge part of the family and it is a huge gap to fill when they leave our side :(
    beautiful journal cover though hun, i love how you made it work for what you needed, so cute.
    thank you for playing along with the tiddly inkers this week
    hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for your daughter to have the memories of a cherished pet! your cover is great and perfect for it's purpose! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Tiddly Inks this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!