Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Step by Step Fancy Card- Pink & Girlie challenge

I made this card for Mo's Challenge- Pink & Girlie using "Two Jill" digital stamp.
I've given step by step instructions for making this card. I saw a similar card in a magazine and decided to give it a try...this is my version.
Make a 6 x 6 card, cut two strips 5 3/4" x 1 1/4" attach to top and bottom of card.
Cut the center floral piece 5 3/4" x 3" and attach to center leaving white space in between.
Cut another floral piece 5 1/2" x 3" and mat it in white and attach a border to one long side.
Cut yet another floral piece of patterned paper 5 1/4 x 2 1/2" mat it and then tear about 1/2" off one short side.
Place two matted pieces on card base as shown.
Cut another piece of white paper 3 1/4 x 2" and emboss and mat it and place it as shown above this will be the "mat" for your image.
Punch (or diecut) 4 sets of flowers and hole punch the centers and and add a brad to each set.
Make a flourish, i used my cricut and Accent Essentials cartridge. (Image #16). I made one image the regular direction and flipped the second one.
Add flourishes to card like this. If you have a corner flourish border it would lovely as well.
Add flowers to corner flourishes. Now you can add your image. I hand cut mine, but it could be cut into a smaller rectangle or oval.

1 comment:

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!