Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sherri Baldy's My Besties Pumpkin Easel Card

I am now on Sherri Baldy's My Besties Video team on Youtube.  I will be making monthly videos, and sometimes videos more often than that.  This is one of first videos that i have released..but it isn't my first video using My Besties as my main focus.

This blog post is a follow-up to my Youtube Video making pumpkin boxes and an Easel card with Sherri Baldy's image

How did i come up with this idea?  First, a DT friend, Miranda created a present box easel card and she shared her instructions here and the desire to create these became really popular.  I wanted to do something different and came across a Pinterest post w/a video showing how to make pumpkin boxes using a Box board (similar to the Envelope board) and i really didn't want to buy the box board, so i went searching for a way to make a 1" box and came across another video on Pinterest showing how to make a 1" box.  I knew i'd like another 1.5" box so i asked my mathematical husband if he could figure the dimensions..and instantly he did.  Yay.

So i will share all the links below..so you can also see how i formulated this concept..and maybe you will have a better idea.  :)

Miranda's paper tutorial (blog)
http://noordesign-deutschland.blogspot.de/2014/08/noor-design-challenge-geschenk-karte.html

1" box tutorial (and other size boxes..just not the 1.5" size) (video)
http://youtu.be/WZQHc5SdmUs

Pumpkin boxes using a "Box board" (video)
http://youtu.be/1xjHJBUonSE

My video showing how i made this card:
part one video
part two video-

My Besties images/3D sheets (you have 3 options)..i used option one.
Here is the digi version i used for this card:
 https://www.etsy.com/listing/205375315/instant-download-digi-stamps-big-eye-big?ref=shop_home_active_18

This is an optional digi version:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/161182738/instant-download-digital-digi-stamps-big?ref=shop_home_active_22

Here is what you could make after watching my video:

other views:
Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, E02
hair-Y21, YR24
lips- RV29
eyes- YG03
eyeshadow/dress- V000, 01, 04, 06
lace ruffle- W1, 3, 5
cat- C1, 3, 5


Dies used:
foliage- Noor/Joy Craft, bats- Memory box, circles (moon) lifestyle crafts, squares for card cut out to hold box- Lifestyle crafts

Punches used:
circle punch .75"/.50"

Measurements for cutting and scoring boxes
1" box 3 x 5" score at every 1" interval- vertically and horizontally
1.5" box- 4.5 x 7.5" score at every 1.5" interval- vertically and horizontally
2" box (not used for card)- 6 x10" score at every 2" interval- vertically and horizontally


Challenges:


1 comment:

  1. A stunning card! And I just love your videos! Thanks for sharing Bonnie! xox

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!