Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Besties 3D Decoupage featuring the Mermaid

This week at My Besties 3-D Deco Challenge blog we have another great challenge for you!

The theme is to use a Fancy Fold on your 3-D My Besties card/project. 

To participate in our challenges go here:

All we ask is that your My-Bestie Image has 3 or more layers, making it raised up from the surface of your Card/Project and to follow the challenge theme.

Some more info about the My Besties 3-D sheets available for you to use:
These sheets are fun and easy to use!  They are all pre-colored for you, all you do is print out your sheets, cut out the pieces you wish to use and layer them with foam tape, foam dots/squares or Silicone glue. 

For this project i am using Mermaid found at the My Besties store here.  I combined two different Fancy Folds to make one.  I used the Upright "Z" fold and an Easel card.
side view, the large pink striped star on the upper right and the small pink star on the upper left hold the top of the card for the "Z" fold:
The card unfolded and laying "flat" so you can see the construction:
To make it an easel card, i added a flap under the "Z" fold.

To find the Decoupage sheets in the My Besties Etsy store click here.

 Dies i used:
The doily die around the image is from Marianne dies, the bubbles and the delicate bow in the corner  and the curly waves are from Memory Box.  The stars holding the card and the mat around the gem are from Nellie Snellen.  I do not recall where the side star border is from..the die is black metal...don't know if that helps?

You should also check out my 3-D Deco team mates awesome designs..the links are below:

Julie Team Leader
Angela
Miranda
Deidre
Bonnie (me)

Challenges:
Cute Card Thursday- Girls, Girls, Girls
Little Red Wagon- Truly Dimensional
Top Tip Tuesday- 3 border die cuts (bubbles, bow, star), 5 different designer papers,  7 stars

4 comments:

  1. AWE this is very Beautiful!!! Love it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card, Bonnie! Love the concept of the combined folds!

    And aaaaaaaaww, you used my purple thistle flowers in your header picture!!!!

    Hugs,
    Sigi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, stunning card. I love the image and the layers you created. The fold is so creative and the colours are gorgeous. So many great details on this card. Wonderful job. Thanks for joining this weeks challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card LOVE love love that bubble die cut too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!