Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Up, Up and Away

I've been cranking out the birthday cards lately, i guess it's a good thing we all need birthday cards in our stash, right?

This week at Tuesday Morning Sketches we have a super easy and fun sketch along with an AWESOME sponsor..  Saturated Canary.

Here is my card done up with Up, Up Away image from Saturated Canary:
For my card i flipped the sketch to make the image work.  I also fussy cut the image out and because i wasn't about to cut out each balloon string i substituted baker's twine..and i like the color it added to the card. Sentiment is from Magnolia Stamps.

Here is the sketch for this week from Tuesday Morning Sketches:

Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, R20, 22
hair- E55, 57, 59
dress/balloons- R35, 37, 39
apron/balloons- Y19, YR23
green balloons- YG03, 17
shoes/balloons- B02, 04
tights- R35, 37, W3, CB



Tuesday Morning Sponsor is Saturated Canary:













Challenges:
CMC Copic Challenge- Celebrations
Drunken Stampers- Up (balloons)
Lexi's Creations- Happy Birthday


9 comments:

  1. Super adorable. The Baker's twine adds so much dimension. Good choice for the balloon strings. Really like the wonderful colors you've used -- a fun, happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. I love the twine attached to the balloons. The paper is just too darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright, cheerful colors, great DP, and design! Also love the punch cut edge, your fab coloring, & the twine on the balloons is perfect! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute with the bright, primary colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The twine! So fun. I love the primary colours - they always say birthday to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic! I love the twine as balloon strings!
    Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers for this weeks "Up" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a fun card!! I love the twine for the balloons!! Maybe I'll rip mine apart and do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this. Your coloring is fabulous and I love the layered patterns. Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I do love the twine technique looks so right for those balloons. . The image is lovely and wonderfully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations for our "Happy Birthday' challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!