Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Hot Summer and 4th of July!

I guess i missed most of the heat in the midwest..but i guess there is more to come.  Visiting my daughter in CO makes for a nice break in the summer, i find that it isn't as humid in CO as in Indiana!  I actually like to sit outside at night on their deck and talk walks without feeling all sweaty.

This stamp is not a Saturated Canary digital image but from Krista's Simply Sassy stamp line.  It reminds me of summer...but i was thinking fireflies...and these are butterflies. :)  I love fireflies in the summer because it reminds me of my childhood summer days at the cottage. :)

Here is my card:
Here is the sketch i used from "The Crazy Challenge":


 Copics used:
skin- YR000, 00, R20, 14
hair- Y00, 11, 21
dress/red- R14, 37
blue- BV01, 04, C7
gray- C3, 5, 7 CB
Gelly Roll- Star dust






Challenges:
Saturated Canary- Red White and Blue
The Crazy Challenge- sketch

10 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie.
    You know how much I am loving Krista's digi, and wow this one is no different. I haven't seen her yet, but I am going to get her come payday. lol... I am sure I have mentioned it to you, but for a few years I grew up in Georgia, and I remember collecting fireflies and spend a great deal of time watching them glow. I love that memory, and your card has so brought it all back to me. I love your coloring and your card. Very very pretty and oh so summery. Love it. Happy 4th of July. Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Super little image, and the "butterflies" do look like fireflies (or lightening bugs as some call them). As for humidity, well we've got our share here in GA! Its another HOT, muggy day! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so summery sweet! I love the image you used and those fireflies in the jar are wonderful! When I was a little girl we would visit Ontario and we would catch them in our hands! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my this is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at Saturated Canary Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo cute!! I love the bugs in the jar!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card, lovely!! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge hugs Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie this is so pretty what a fabulous card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty! I love the colors and that image. I need to dig out my old simply sassy stamps now!! I heard you were in Colorado AFTER you were here and I was so bummed!!! Next year for SURE, we have to get together and do a bit of coloring! :D **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweety ! Really like your coloring and details :)
    Thanks for joining The Crazy Challenge.
    Hugs Mila

    ReplyDelete
  10. The butterflies remind me of fireflies, too! Fab coloring on that sweet image, and I love the mix of dp's. The polka dot paper goes great with the dotted dress.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!