Saturday, April 14, 2012

Just like Mommy

For this card i am combining 2 challenges again...I love finding sketches that work with a theme.  I remember some time ago i bought this paper with purses on it and mind you, i planned to use the paper for scrapbooking, well it didn't happen, but i have a lot of it left after i made this card.  I think the paper would have been better at a smaller scale for the card, but i went for it anyway.  Very different color combinations for me, but the entire card and image was based on the background paper.

The process, i knew what i wanted in my mind, but it didn't materialize as i was making this card.  I colored the hat 3 different colors...first a tan, then light aqua and in the end a green...but all of the layers are there....eh, so maybe a whole new color. :)

Mo's Challenge blog called for "Spots"...can you see them all?  Kind of like playing a scavenger hunt, don't you think...the grandkids would love it.

Here is my card:


















Here is the sketch that i used from Sketch N Stash..oh and the paper i based my card on (purse patterned paper) is "old" in scrapbooking terms.












Challenges:
Mo's Challenge Blog- Spots
Sketch N Stash- sketch and use something old or new (purse paper)

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, I see lots of spots on this fun card. :-) You've matched your image with the papers wonderfully. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I like the sweet image and the papers, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash, good luck.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! can I play too? I love how you've added the little piece under the 'ribbon' section. I just love watching the kids dress-up. Just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color combination, Bonnie! I like the way you've done a narrow black reveal around the papers...nice effect! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!