Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lucky in Love...it isn't fishy you know...

I thought i'd continue to share my thought process as to how i come up with these cards.  Again, it's a challenge theme that sparks my imagination and again this challenge is from TGF Farm Fresh Challenge blog, this was a month long challenge and the them was "Retro -fresh, Lucky in Love".

So what did i think of next, my old scrapbook full of my "retro" valentine cards i got when i was in elementary school...those valentines were so cool and not really cheap, you know what i mean?  The ones made now are really, really cheap...not the ones you'd really want to save in a scrap book, but that will be my grandkids memories...i will have to show my grandson the ones they used to make. :)

Here is my old "retro" valentine and the inspiration for the card i made:
And now for my card:



















The bubbles at the top were found in the button section...but they aren't buttons.  I used the mermaid from TGF and the scalloped heart punch is a MS large doily heart punch.  Viva pearls in her hair and Extreme glitter paint on her fishy part. :)
Thought i'd include the Copics i used:
RV13, 25
YG03, 07
E41, 42
E33, 37
E00, 02, 51

Challenges:
TGF Retro fresh- Lucky in Love
Hiding in my Craftroom- Red, Pink and White
My Sheri Crafts- Love is in the air-2hearts
One Stop Craft Challenge- For the one i Love

4 comments:

  1. She's swishy delightful! I love the hearts and "bubbles" you've added!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so impressed how you colored her tail! Very pretty card! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vintage valentine inspiration! I loved getting those Valentines in grade school! I love your card! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! Great job! Thanks for joinig us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving comments...it makes me so very happy!